Haze In Spray Can



Anyone familiar with haze in a spray can? What is your opinion?

Not considering it for filling up a ballroom or anything of that sort. Looking for a name or a supplier. If anyone knows where to find in Germany even better.


Emmanuel, Munich

Assistant Caméra - Camera Assistant - Kamera Assistent
BVK- European based
Munich +491608036889 - London +447910034443

Don't know about Germany but I use it for various small effect on table tops and sometimes with people. Works great!

Walter Graff
BlueSky Media, Inc.
888.435.5428 ext 31
Cell 917.217.9766
Offices in NYC and Amherst Mass.

I recall the product is called 'Magican'. Not that impressive if you want any really dense haze, but okay for light diffusion.

Chay Donohoe
Aspiring DP

Hi Walter,

Any chance on a name? I need a lead so I can do some research. Made some local calls but no success so far.



Emmanuel, Munich

The stuff is called "Diffusion in a Can" (or the brand name of what I used was called that.

It has pretty good hang time - can't do a big room - it is NOT fog, more like light smoke.

Fairly colour neutral.

I vaguely remember that it uses a flammable propellant, so I think you do NOT want to use it in a campfire scene.

Mark Weingartner
LA based


Mark Weingartner
LA based

> Diffusion in a Can

That's what I use. It has amazing hang time. As long as the air is still it stays there a long time. I'd use the word "haze" over "smoke". And a 20 ounce can will do a large area if need be, but it's best for small area effects. More like what an atomizer does in the end result.

Walter Graff
BlueSky Media, Inc.

Great. Appreciate the help. Thanks very much.


Emmanuel, Munich

© copyright CML all rights reserved